Three kinds of tangy peppers are tossed together with three cheeses, pepperoni, olives, mushrooms, garlic and herbs in this simple and flavorful marinated salad.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 (16 ounce) jars sliced pepperoncini peppers, drained
- 1 (32 ounce) jar sweet pepper rings, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) jar diced pimento peppers, drained
- 1 pound pepperoni sausage, cubed
- 1 pound provolone cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound Swiss cheese, cubed
- 1/2 pound sharp Cheddar cheese, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) can mushrooms, drained and thinly sliced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans black olives, drained and thinly sliced
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 1/2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup olive oil
In a large bowl with a lid, stir together the hot pepper rings, sweet pepper rings, pimentos, pepperoni, Provolone, Swiss, Cheddar, mushrooms, olives, garlic, oregano, canola oil and olive oil until evenly coated. Cover tightly with the lid and let stand in fridge for 3 days. Shake the bowl often. This can be served cold, but is better when you let it come to room temperature!