A cut-up chicken dredged in buttermilk and seasoned flour, then deep fried to perfection.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse ground black pepper
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup barbeque sauce
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon steak sauce
- 1 whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 2 cups oil for frying
In a large shallow dish, mix together flour, seasoned salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper. In a separate bowl, beat eggs, then whisk in buttermilk, barbeque sauce, Worcestershire sauce, and steak sauce.
Dredge chicken in milk mixture, then in seasoned flour, alternating in each at least twice. Heat oil in a large, deep-sided skillet to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
Cook chicken in hot oil until golden brown on both sides, about 10 minutes each side.