This attractive layered dip for tortilla chips is filled with fresh ingredients. The addition of cocktail sauce is a nice, spicy twist.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup cocktail sauce
- 1 cup mild salsa
- 3/4 cup diced green onion
- 3/4 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced green bell pepper
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 cucumber, thinly sliced
In a blender or food processor, thoroughly mix cream cheese, sour cream and mayonnaise. Spread the mixture evenly in the bottom of a medium serving dish.
In individual layers, top the mixture with cocktail sauce, mild salsa, diced green onion, red bell pepper, green bell pepper, shredded Cheddar cheese and shredded lettuce.
Arrange cucumber slices around the edge of the serving dish. Chill in the refrigerator at least 2 hours before serving.