A marvelous barbecue marinade blends tomato, ginger, curry and garlic with buttermilk for a smoothly spiced grilled chicken.
INGREDIENTS (for 5 servings):
- 1 (4 pound) chicken, cut into pieces
- 1/2 (10.75 ounce) can condensed tomato soup
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons ginger juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/2 tablespoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
FOR MARINADE: In a large bowl combine the soup, garlic powder, ginger juice, cardamom, curry powder, salt, brown sugar and lemon juice. Mix well. Marinate the chicken in the refrigerator overnight.
The next day, mix in the buttermilk, then grill the chicken until cooked through. You'll love it!
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.