A great side-dish for any occasion, using store bought items and a minimum of effort and time !!! Fordhook Lima Beans, Corn, and Green Chili Peppers combine to make a tasty addition to any meal.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen Fordhook lima beans, thawed
- 1 cup water
- 1 (16 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) can chopped green chile peppers
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter (optional)
In a large pot, bring the water to a boil. Add lima beans, salt and sugar. Cook over medium-low heat for 15 minutes. Add the corn and green chilies, cover, and continue cooking until the beans are tender, about 5 more minutes. Drain and serve immediately. Top with butter if desired.