This pasta dish is prepared in just 15 minutes. Serve with a Spinach Pear Salad and the menu will be a hit!
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (14.75 ounce) can Alaska salmon, drained
- 8 ounces pasta, uncooked
- 6 slices bacon, diced
- 2 (14 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 3 large cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons finely grated Parmesan cheese
Break salmon into bite-sized pieces; set aside. Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and keep warm.
In 3-quart saucepan, cook bacon until crisp. Drain, reserving about 2 tablespoons fat. Add tomatoes, onion, vinegar, garlic, basil, oregano and peppers. Cook 5 minutes or until slightly thickened. Stir in salmon pieces and cream; heat through.
Serve over hot cooked pasta. Garnish with cheese.
Try This Other Recipe To Complement Your Meal:
Spinach Pear Salad with Warm Vinaigrette