Mostaccioli, or penne pasta, is tossed with a rich, creamy white sauce of cream, Parmesan and fresh parsley.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (16 ounce) package mostaccioli
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
Combine heavy cream and butter in a Dutch oven or large, heavy saucepan over medium heat. Heat until butter melts, stirring occasionally; be careful not to bring mixture to a boil. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, salt, pepper and garlic powder. Toss with cooked pasta and serve immediately.