We don 't know what 's more terrific, what goes into this fabulous salad, or the dressing that goes on top. Both are noteworthy. The pasta is mated with chunks of ham, crisp grapes, green onion and cheese. The dressing is creamy and laced with dill. The c
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 3/4 cups farfalle pasta
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons prepared Dijon-style mustard
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon dried dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless green grapes, halved
- 2 cups diced ham
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 1 1/2 cups diced sharp Cheddar cheese
Cook pasta in a large pot of boiling water until al dente. Drain, and rinse in cold water.
In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, sour cream, cider vinegar, mustard, sugar, black pepper, dill weed, and salt.
In a large bowl, combine pasta, grapes, ham, green onions, and cheese. Toss with dressing. Cover, and chill overnight or for at least 6 hours.