Packaged crescent dinner rolls transform into almond-cinnamon buns, as you jelly-roll them around a mixture of butter, brown sugar, cinnamon and almond extract. An almond-sugar glaze with sliced almonds is the perfect topper.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1/4 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 3/8 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 (8 ounce) cans refrigerated crescent rolls
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 cup chopped toasted almonds
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (195 degrees C).
Combine softened butter or margarine, brown sugar, flour, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Mix well. Spoon mixture into 12 ungreased muffin cups.
Separate dough into 4 long rectangles. Firmly press perforations to seal. Combine melted butter and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract; brush on dough. Sprinkle with nuts, and roll dough up jellyroll fashion. Cut each roll of dough into 3 slices. Place in muffin cups.
Place muffin pan on a baking sheet. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until golden brown. When done, invert rolls immediately onto cooling rack.
Combine confectioners' sugar, 1 tablespoon milk, and 1/8 teaspoon almond extract. Drizzle over hot rolls.