A sweet, crunchy topping transforms cheesecake from delicious to unbelievable!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 3/4 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted and finely chopped
- 1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can EAGLE BRAND® Sweetened Condensed Milk (NOT evaporated milk)
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- Almond Praline Topping:
- 1/3 cup dark brown sugar
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds
Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Combine crumbs, nuts, sugar and margarine; press firmly on bottom of 9-inch springform pan or 13x9-inch baking pan.
In large mixer bowl, beat cheese on low until fluffy. Gradually beat in EAGLE BRAND® until smooth. Add eggs and extract; mix well. Pour into prepared pan. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until center is set. Cool. Top with Almond Praline Topping. Chill. Store leftovers covered in refrigerator.
In small saucepan, combine firmly packed dark brown sugar and Whipping Cream. Cook and stir until sugar dissolves. Simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in chopped toasted slivered almonds. Spoon evenly over cake. (For 13x9-inch pan, double all topping ingredients; simmer 10 to 12 minutes or until thickened).