These are crusty on the outside and soft and moist on the inside.
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 4 (1 ounce) squares unsweetened chocolate
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 3/8 cups ground almonds
- 1/3 cup confectioners' sugar for decoration
Beat eggs and sugar until light and fluffy. Grate squares of chocolate and add to egg mixture. Add remaining ingredients and beat well. Shape into a ball. Chill in refrigerator at least one hour.
Shape chilled dough into small balls (about 3/4 inch in diameter). Roll each in sifted confectioners' sugar.
Place balls on greased baking sheet and allow to dry in warm room (kitchen) for 4-5 hours. Bake at 475 degrees F (245 degrees C) for 3-5 minutes. Cool on baking pan for 10 minutes.