Red wine punch marinated with fruit and flavored with cloves. Mix with lemon-lime soda and serve.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 (750 milliliter) bottle red wine
- 1/2 cup rum
- 1 lemon, sliced
- 1 orange, sliced in rounds
- 1 lime, sliced
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 1 apple, cored and sliced
- 9 whole cloves
- 1 liter lemon-lime flavored carbonated beverage
In a large jar or pitcher combine wine and rum with sliced lemon, orange, lime, and strawberry. Push cloves into apples slices and add to mixture. Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight (the longer the better).
To serve, pour a tall glass half-full of wine mixture. Fill the rest of the glass with soda and stir gently. Remove cloves from apple slices and garnish drinks by spooning some marinated fruit into glass.