A tomato based chicken chili with extra cumin. I used to make this stuff during college because there is enough of it to last me a long time. This recipe is VERY hot.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken, undrained
- 2 (16 ounce) cans chili beans, drained
- 3 (14.5 ounce) cans Mexican-style stewed tomatoes
- 1 (12 ounce) jar sliced jalapeno peppers
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 10 cups water, or as needed
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can chicken broth
- salt to taste
In a large stockpot, combine the chicken, chili beans, tomatoes, jalapenos, onion and green bell pepper. Season with chili powder and cumin. Pour in the chicken broth, and enough water to cover the ingredients. Stir well, and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium, and let simmer for one hour. Season with salt to taste.