This Mexican recipe was handed down to my husband by his mother. A blend of zucchini, onion, and pork that is simmered together, and then served with warm tortillas. A simple but delicious recipe.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast, cubed
- 5 medium zucchini, cubed
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 cups water, or as needed
- 1 (11 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 8 (10 inch) flour tortillas
Heat the oil in a large skillet, and stir in the pork meat. Cook until evenly brown.
Mix zucchini, onion, and Worcestershire sauce into the skillet with the pork. Season with salt and pepper. Pour in enough water to cover ingredients, and continue cooking 15 minutes over medium-high heat. Mix in corn 5 minutes before end of cook time. Serve with tortillas.