This is my mom's favorite salad. My grandmother always made it during the holidays in Alabama.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin oranges
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 3 bananas, sliced
- 2 cups flaked coconut
- 2 cups miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup pecan pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup maraschino cherries
In a large bowl, combine mandarin oranges, crushed pineapple, bananas, coconut, marshmallows, and pecan pieces. Fold in whipped topping. Garnish with maraschino cherries. Chill for 1 hour or overnight.