Packed with meat and vegetables, this slow-cooked Brunswick stew is a delight!
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound country style pork ribs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 roasted chicken, deboned and shredded
- 1 (28 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 1/2 (10 fluid ounce) bottle steak sauce
- 1/2 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1/2 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can whole kernel corn, undrained
- 1 cup frozen lima beans, thawed
Heat the vegetable oil in a skillet over medium heat, and brown the ribs on all sides. Transfer to a slow cooker. Place onion in the skillet, cook until tender, and transfer to the slow cooker.
Place the chicken in the slow cooker, and mix in tomatoes, ketchup, steak sauce, cider vinegar, Worcestershire sauce, hot sauce, lemon, chicken bouillon, and pepper.
Cover, and cook 6 hours on High. Remove ribs, discard bones, and shred. Return meat to slow cooker. Mix in corn and lima beans, cover, and continue cooking 2 hours on High.