Macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and peas are bathed in a creamy dressing, then garnished with hard-cooked eggs and a sprinkle of paprika. This macaroni salad will remind you of Grandma's. I love this when the weather is warm. One of the basic comfort food
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package elbow macaroni
- 1 (6 ounce) can tuna, drained
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped sweet onion
- 1 (10 ounce) can baby peas, drained
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- salt and pepper to taste
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, quartered
- 1 pinch paprika, for garnish
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add the macaroni, and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold running water.
In a large bowl, stir together the macaroni, tuna, celery, onion and peas. Mix in the mayonnaise, relish, salt and pepper. Garnish with egg wedges and a sprinkle of paprika. Cover and chill for at least 1 hour before serving.