Mushrooms are stuffed with herbs, Cheddar cheese and ground beef to make mouth watering appetizers that are sure to impress your guests.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms-stems removed, chopped and reserved
- 1/4 cup margarine
- 1/2 cup chopped green bell peppers
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried basil leaves, crushed
- 2/3 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup soft bread crumbs
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
Place ground beef in a large, deep skillet. Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown. Drain, crumble and set aside.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, melt the margarine and stir in the mushroom stems, green bell peppers, garlic, parsley and basil.
In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, mushroom stem mixture, dry bread crumbs, soft bread crumbs and Cheddar cheese.
Place the mushroom caps, upside down, on a large baking pan. Generously stuff each cap with the mixture.
Bake in the preheated oven 15 to 20 minutes, or until the filling is golden brown.