Tomato sauce, cannelini beans, navy beans and ditalini pasta are seasoned with parsley, basil and oregano in this chunky soup.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, quartered then halved
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (29 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 5 1/2 cups water
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can navy beans
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 pound ditalini pasta
In a large pot over medium heat, cook onion in olive oil until translucent. Stir in garlic and cook until tender. Reduce heat, and stir in tomato sauce, water, parsley, basil, oregano, salt, cannelini beans, navy beans and Parmesan. Simmer 1 hour.
Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain. Stir into soup.