Shrimp, onions, celery and mushrooms, seasoned with paprika, garlic and crushed red pepper. Great over steamed rice.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 cup butter
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 6 stalks celery, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, pressed
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 5 pounds fresh shrimp, peeled, deveined and chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons paprika
- salt to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- crushed red pepper to taste
In a large skillet, melt butter and saute onions, celery and garlic for about 45 minutes or until they are cooked down.
Stir in flour and cook briefly, do not brown. Stir in chopped shrimp and cook for 20 minutes.
Pour in 2 to 3 cups of water and mushrooms. Stir in paprika and season with salt, pepper and red pepper flakes. Cook for 30 minutes. Should be a thick and have a gravy-like consistency.