This down home meatloaf mixture includes beef, eggs, dry bread crumbs, ketchup and dry onion soup mix - all topped with bacon and tomato sauce and baked into the loaf that it is.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 teaspoon monosodium glutamate (MSG)
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1 (1 ounce) package dry onion soup mix
- 2 slices bacon
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
In a large bowl combine the beef, eggs, crumbs, ketchup, MSG, water and soup mix. Mix well and spoon mixture into loaf pan. Cover with 2 strips of bacon, then cover with tomato sauce.
Bake in preheated oven for 1 hour.