A variety of cheeses and deli meat slices are layered with vegetables, peppers and spices to create a mighty party platter that's filled with exciting flavors and easy on the eyes.
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 2 heads iceberg lettuce
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 (8 ounce) bottle Italian-style salad dressing
- 1 pound thinly sliced cooked ham
- 2 1/2 pounds sliced provolone cheese
- 1/2 pound Genoa salami, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound Capacola sausage, sliced
- 1/4 pound pepperoni sausage, sliced
- 1/4 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced roast beef
- 1 cup fresh mushrooms
- 1 (6 ounce) can marinated artichoke hearts
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red peppers
- 1 (6 ounce) can sliced black olives
- 3/4 cup sliced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 (5 ounce) jar sliced pimento-stuffed green olives
- 1/2 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1/2 pound mozzarella cheese, sliced
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Remove large outer leaves from the heads of lettuce. Arrange approximately 1/3 in a layer on a large serving platter. Sprinkle with 1/3 garlic powder, 1/3 crushed oregano and desired amount of Italian-style salad dressing. Layer with cooked ham and Provolone cheese.
Layer Provolone cheese with another 1/3 of the lettuce leaves, 1/3 garlic powder, 1/3 crushed oregano, desired amount of Italian-style salad dressing, Genoa salami and Capacola sausage.
Repeat layering with remaining lettuce, garlic powder, crushed oregano, Italian-style salad dressing, pepperoni sausage, prosciutto and roast beef.
Layer with mushrooms, marinated artichoke hearts, roasted red peppers, black olives, pepperoncini and pimento-stuffed green olives. Sprinkle with more Italian-style salad dressing, as desired.
Top with Gorgonzola cheese, mozzarella cheese and Parmesan cheese. Cover and chill in the refrigerator until serving.