Here's a great picnic salad! Corkscrew-shaped pasta soaks up a tasty blend of oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, red pepper and Parmesan. After it chills, toss in some broccoli, pepperoni, cherry tomatoes and mozzarella cheese.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces macaroni
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni sausage
- 10 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Cook pasta in a pot of boiling salted water until al dente. Drain.
In large bowl, stir together oil, vinegar, garlic, basil, and salt and pepper. Toss with warm macaroni to coat well. Toss with Parmesan. Cover, and refrigerate 2 to 3 hours.
Add broccoli, pepperoni, and tomatoes; toss well. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese, and serve.