A nice refreshing and original salad that goes well with roasted or grilled chicken or beef brisket.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tablespoon white sugar
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 3 cups mixed salad greens
- 1 avocado - pitted, peeled, and cubed
- 2 Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and sliced thin
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sliced hearts of palm
In a small bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, ketchup, sugar, lemon juice, paprika, and pepper together. Stir in the chives and set aside.
Arrange the watercress on individual serving plates. Place apple, avocado, hearts of palm on top. Sprinkle with walnuts and drizzle with dressing.
Evenly sprinkle dressing over salad and serve.