This All-American cobbler is easy to make and will please everyone at the table!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (20 ounce) can apple pie filling
- 1 (16 ounce) can sliced pears, drained
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 2/3 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat buttermilk baking mix
- 2/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons sugar mixed with
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg, for topping
Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
In 8-inch square baking dish, combine pie filling, pears and cranberries. In measuring cup, mix orange juice with cornstarch and nutmeg; pour into baking dish. Gently mix to blend thoroughly.
In bowl, mix baking mix, milk, sugar and butter just to blend; spoon onto fruit in 6 equal portions, spacing slightly apart. Sprinkle with sugar and nutmeg mixture.
Bake in center of oven 45 minutes or until fruit is bubbly and biscuit topping is cooked through. Part of the way through the baking, lay a sheet of aluminum foil on top to prevent over-browning, if needed. Serve warm or at room temperature. Accompany with vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, if desired.