The delightful combination of shredded apple, chopped dates, toasted pecans, lemon zest, and cinnamon makes this delicious cake a real keeper!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup Enova™ Brand Oil
- Non-stick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/4 cup nonfat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar or equivalent sugar substitute (baking blend)
- 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups shredded apple
- 1/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon powdered sugar (optional)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray and flour 12-cup Bundt or tube baking pan.
Combine Enova brand oil, eggs, milk, vanilla and sugar in mixing bowl. Beat with mixer at medium speed until blended. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon and salt onto waxed paper. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and beat an additional 2 minutes. Gently stir in apple, dates, lemon zest and pecans. Pour batter into prepared pan.
Bake 1 to 1 1/4 hours. Cool in pan for 10 minutes. Invert cake onto cooling rack and remove pan. Flip cake top-side up. Sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired.