These pretty muffins are made with fresh apple and toasted pecans. The warm cinnamon smell from the oven will make these difficult to wait for, but worth it. This is a free sample recipe of our Quick-Smart™ premium recipe collection. The complete Pr
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup wheat bran flakes cereal with raisins
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup nonfat buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup peeled, finely chopped Rome apple
- 1/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon margarine, melted
- Vegetable cooking spray
- 1 tablespoon sugar
Combine first 6 ingredients in a large bowl; make a well in center of mixture. Combine egg, buttermilk, and 2 tablespoons margarine; add to dry ingredients. Stir just until dry ingredients are moistened. Set aside.
Combine apple and next 4 ingredients; set aside.
Spoon 2 tablespoons batter into each of 12 muffin cups coated with cooking spray. Top evenly with apple mixture. Spoon remaining batter evenly over apple mixture. (Batter will not completely cover apple mixture.) Sprinkle 1 tablespoon sugar evenly over batter. Bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes. Remove from pans immediately.
Serving size: 1 muffin. Calories 198 (28% from fat) Protein 3.6g Fat 6.1g (sat 0.9g) Carbohydrate 33.4g Fiber 1.5g Cholesterol 18mg Iron 1.5mg Sodium 240mg Calcium 33mg