A different kind of apple crisp that tastes wonderful. I entered this recipe in a contest and it was a runner-up. It definitely was a winner to me. My husband loved it.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 5 large Granny Smith apples - peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1 cup frozen raspberries, thawed
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 9x9 inch square baking dish.
In a large bowl, mix brown sugar and 1 tablespoon flour. Add sliced apples and raspberries; toss to coat. Spoon into baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together oats, 1/2 cup flour, cinnamon and salt. Stir in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle over apple mixture.
Bake in preheated oven for 50 to 55 minutes, or until topping is lightly browned. Serve warm.