These gently-sweetened cinnamon-apple-bran muffins have a little Cheddar tang.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup whole bran cereal
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup peeled, cored and sliced apple
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 12-cup muffin tin or line with paper liners.
Combine the bran cereal, milk and apples. Mix well. Beat in the vegetable oil and egg.
Combine the flour, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and brown sugar. Make a well in the center and stir in the wet mixture. Add the shredded cheese and mix enough until just moistened. Scoop the batter into the prepared pans.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes.