A healthy and delicious snack. These muffins make a great everyday breakfast or lunchbox treat!
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled, finely chopped tart apple
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup dry NESTLE® CARNATION® Instant Non-fat Dry Milk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 large egg
- 2 cups bran flakes cereal
PREHEAT oven to 400 degrees F. Grease or paper-line 12 muffin cups.
COMBINE flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and nutmeg in medium bowl. Mix apple, water, dry milk, vegetable oil and egg in small bowl; add to flour mixture and stir until moistened. Stir in cereal. Spoon into prepared muffin cups, filling 2/3 full.
BAKE for 12 to 15 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove to wire rack; cool slightly. Serve warm.