This is a breakfast spread for purists. The natural sweetness in this spread comes from the apple juice and the concentrated flavor in the dried apples.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 pound dried, unsulfured apples
- 1/2 gallon sugar-free organic apple juice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 4 teaspoons ground cinnamon
In a Dutch oven, combine the dried apples, apple juice, clove, allspice and cinnamon; mix well.
Bring to a boil, cover and simmer for 20 to 25 minutes.
Place mixture in blender and puree until smooth. Place in jars and refrigerate.