This is our favorite cole slaw recipe, a yummy combo of fruit and veggies in a sweet dressing.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 3 cups chopped cabbage
- 1 unpeeled red apple, cored and chopped
- 1 unpeeled Granny Smith apple, cored and chopped
- 1 carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 green onions, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice, or to taste
In a large bowl, combine cabbage, red apple, green apple, carrot, red bell pepper, and green onions. In a small bowl, mix together mayonnaise, brown sugar, and lemon juice. Pour dressing over salad.