This is an excellent, festive twist on an old favorite!
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 4 cups thinly sliced apples
- 1 1/2 cups prepared mincemeat pie filling
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup Brazil nuts, chopped
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup quick cooking oats
- 1/3 cup butter
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly butter one 9x9 inch pan.
Mix together the apples, mincemeat and lemon juice. Place in prepared pan.
In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, nuts, sugar and oats; cut in butter until crumbly. Sprinkle evenly over apple mixture.
Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.