Lightly spiced oatmeal cookie with all natural ingredients.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup stone ground whole wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease cookie sheets.
In a large bowl, cream together the margarine, honey, egg and vanilla until smooth. Combine the whole wheat flour, baking soda and cinnamon; stir into the creamed mixture. Mix in oats and apple. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto the prepared cookie sheets.
Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven. Allow cookies to cool on baking sheet for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.