A delicious oatmeal cookie with only 2 grams of fat. Try using apple butter in place of the applesauce for a slightly spicier version.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups Equal® Spoonful*
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 6 tablespoons stick butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1 cup raisins
Combine Equal®, applesauce, brown sugar, butter, egg, milk and vanilla. Mix with electric mixer until well blended. Stir in combined flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Gradually mix in oats and raisins until well combined.
Drop by tablespoonfuls onto baking sheets sprayed with nonstick cooking spray. Bake in preheated 350 degrees F oven 10 to 12 minutes. Remove from baking sheet and cool completely on wire rack.
* May substitute 30 packets Equal® sweetener