An apple goes a long way in this candy recipe! Little apple bits are rolled in cinnamon and sugar, caramel, and chopped nuts. Although they do take some work, they're well worth it. They're just perfect for harvest parties in the fall!
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 apple - peeled, cored and cubed
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
In a small bowl, mix together the sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and allspice. Toss apple pieces in the mixture until well coated.
In the top of a double boiler, combine the caramel candies and water. Heat, stirring occasionally until melted and smooth. Place walnuts onto a tray.
Using a fork or toothpick, dip apple pieces into the caramel, then drop them into the walnuts. Roll them around until coated. Place onto a waxed paper lined cookie sheet, and refrigerate until set, about 10 minutes.