A warm apple topping completes this yellow cake.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (12 ounce) package STOUFFER'S® frozen Harvest Apples, defrosted
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
PREHEAT oven to 375 degrees F.
MELT butter in 9-inch-round cake pan. Sprinkle brown sugar over butter; spoon Harvest Apples over brown sugar.
COMBINE cake mix, eggs, milk, cinnamon and ginger; beat at medium speed for two minutes, stopping once to scrape bowl. Pour over apples.
BAKE for 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Immediately invert onto serving platter; serve warm or at room temperature.