Chunks of apples and walnuts give this recipe its crunch, while cinnamon and vanilla add to its scrumptious flavor. Top with Easy Eggnog Sauce to make it irresistible.
INGREDIENTS (for 8 servings):
- 1/2 loaf French bread
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 1/4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Ground Nutmeg
- 1 cup peeled, diced tart apples
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Eggnog Sauce:
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 cups eggnog
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Imitation Rum Extract
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease 11x7x2-inch baking pan and set aside. Trim crust from bread and cut enough bread into 3/4-inch cubes to make 3 cups. Set aside.
Place remaining pudding ingredients, except butter, in large bowl and stir until well mixed. Add bread cubes and toss to combine. Spread mixture in prepared pan and dot with butter. Bake 35 minutes, or until firm.
To make Easy Eggnog Sauce, whisk cornstarch into eggnog in a small saucepan. Heat to boiling over medium-high heat, stirring constantly. Reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes. Remove from heat, add extracts, and cool 5 minutes. Sauce will thicken. Pour over bread pudding.