A moist type bar cookie. Delicious!
INGREDIENTS (for 2 servings):
- 1 cup dates, pitted and chopped
- 1 3/4 cups drained stewed apricots
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup shortening, melted
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups quick cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To Make Filling: Cook together the dates, drained cooked apricots, white sugar and apricot juice. Cook for about three minutes, or until it resembles jam.
To Make Crust: Mix together melted shortening (part butter), brown sugar, all-purpose flour, baking soda, quick cooking oats, and vanilla.
Press half of the crust mixture on bottom of well greased 9 x 12 x 2 inch pan. Cover with filling. Top with rest of crumbs. Press down gently.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).