A nicely tart, and very tasty, coffee cake made with fresh apricots, and sprinkled with cinnamon and sugar.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 6 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup dry milk powder
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups pitted and diced fresh apricots
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon white sugar, or to taste
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 C).
Place the flour, salt, and baking powder in a large bowl. In a separate bowl, cream together the sugar, egg, and butter until smooth. Mix the powdered milk, water, and vanilla into the batter, stirring until well blended. Pour the batter into the flour and beat until smooth.
Spread the batter into a greased 8 inch square pan, and sprinkle the diced apricots evenly over the top. Dust with cinnamon and sugar.
Bake in the preheated oven approximately 45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.