Easy to make bar cookies will soon become a favorite. Oats add crunch and apricot spreadable fruit gives this cookie a rich fruit flavor.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup quick or old-fashioned oats, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Equal® Spoonful*
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold stick butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup apricot or peach spreadable fruit
Combine flour, oats, Equal®, cinnamon, baking powder, and salt. Cut in butter with a pastry blender until mixture is very fine in texture and begins to stick together slightly. Stir in water and vanilla until well blended.
Reserve 3/4 cup flour mixture. Press remaining mixture firmly and evenly onto bottom of lightly greased 8-inch square baking pan. Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven 12 to 15 minutes or until mixture is lightly browned at edges.
Remove from oven and spread with fruit. Sprinkle with reserved flour mixture, pressing gently into fruit. Bake an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until flour mixture is lightly browned on top. Cool completely on wire rack. Cut into squares.
* May substitute 12 packets Equal® sweetener