The mellow mingling of peach, banana and apricot flavors makes this refreshing smoothie so soothing. A spark of tart lemon adds a little tang, but honey keeps the drink on the lightly sweet side.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 (5.5 ounce) can apricot nectar
- 1 medium ripe banana, frozen and cut into chunks
- 1 cup (8 ounces) fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 2 cups sliced fresh or frozen unsweetened peaches
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 6 ice cubes
In a blender or food processor, combine all ingredients. Cover and process until smooth. Pour into glasses; serve immediately.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving (1 cup) equals 160 calories, trace fat (0 saturated fat), 2 mg cholesterol, 35 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fruit, 1/2 starch.© 2002 Reiman Media Group, Inc.