Chicken and rice simmered with saffron, tomato sauce, bell pepper, onion, garlic, peas and beer.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1/2 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 pinch saffron
- salt to taste
- 2 cubes chicken bouillon
- 1 1/2 cups uncooked white rice
- 1 cup beer
- 1 (15 ounce) can peas, drained
- 1/2 red bell pepper, roasted and sliced
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Saute chicken until lightly browned; remove from skillet and set aside.
Saute onion, garlic and green bell pepper until soft; stir in tomato sauce, saffron, salt and bouillon and return chicken pieces to skillet. Cook for 10 minutes, then add rice and reduce heat to low.
Add beer and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until rice is tender. Finally, stir in peas with liquid and garnish with roasted red bell pepper.