Chicken swims in a rich concoction of cream, artichokes and Parmesan and feta cheeses mixed with bacon, olives and mushrooms. Try serving on a bed of penne pasta.
INGREDIENTS (for 6 servings):
- 1/2 pound sliced bacon
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves - cooked and cubed
- 1 (6.5 ounce) jar marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 (6 ounce) can black olives, drained
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 (6 ounce) package feta cheese, crumbled
Fry bacon in a large skillet over medium heat. Remove from skillet, leaving 3 tablespoons of the bacon grease in the skillet. Set bacon aside.
Add mushrooms to skillet and saute for 3 to 4 minutes over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to low and add the chicken, artichoke hearts, soup, cream, olives, Parmesan cheese, garlic and salt and pepper to taste.
When this mixture begins to simmer, slowly stir in feta cheese. Crumble the bacon into the skillet and let all simmer, stirring often, for 5 to 10 minutes.