A pasta dish designed to impress! Fettuccini pasta is tossed with baby artichokes, herbs, prosciutto, and Lindsay® Kalamata olives.
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 12 ounces fettuccini noodles
- 1 1/2 pounds baby artichokes
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 ounces prosciutto, sliced into strips
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped sage
- 3/4 cup Lindsay® Kalamata olives, sliced
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
Cook fettuccini noodles according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
Prepare artichokes by removing (and discarding) tough outer leaves until tender yellow interior leaves are exposed. Cut off the stem and a 1/2-inch of the top. Slice each prepared artichoke into thin wedges and place in a bowl of acidulated water (2 quarts water with the juice of 1 lemon) to set aside.
Heat oil in a large saute pan over medium-high heat. Drain artichokes well and add to pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side until golden, then stir in Prosciutto, garlic and sage. Cook for 1-2 more minutes, add Lindsay Kalamata olives, lemon juice, parsley and red pepper flakes. Toss with cooked fettuccini. Season with salt if desired.