Rich and cheesy, these baked bites are a real crowd pleaser. They may be prepared up to two days in advance and reheated or served cold. They may also be frozen and saved for later.
INGREDIENTS (for 1 servings):
- 2 (6.5 ounce) jars marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1/4 cup fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 2 cups shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons finely minced fresh parsley
Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Grease a 9 inch square baking pan.
Drain marinade from 1 jar of artichokes into a medium sized skillet. Drain second jar and discard marinade. Heat the marinade in the medium sized skillet. Add the onions and garlic and saute for about 5 minutes.
In a medium sized bowl, combine the eggs, bread crumbs, salt, pepper, oregano and hot pepper sauce. Slowly mix in the shredded cheddar cheese, parsley and artichoke. Blend the marinade with the sauteed onions and garlic into the mix.
Grease a 9 inch square baking pan and pour in the contents of the bowl.
Bake for approximately 30 minutes and allow to cool briefly. Cut into one inch squares and serve.