Artichoke hearts are always a treat! In this simple recipe, they are combined with garlic, bread crumbs and parmesan cheese and baked in a pie crust, topped with mozzarella.
INGREDIENTS (for 7 servings):
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 (6 ounce) cans artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked 9 inch pie crust
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 (8 ounce) package mozzarella cheese, shredded
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute garlic until it starts to brown. Stir in the artichoke hearts and cook 10 minutes before adding the bread crumbs and half of the parmesan cheese. When heated through, transfer half of artichoke mixture to pie crust.
Pour eggs over artichoke mixture and sprinkle in the rest of the parmesan cheese. Spoon the rest of the artichoke mixture into the pie and top with mozzarella cheese.
Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until crust begins to brown.