Tender veal chops are browned and then roasted with bell peppers and artichokes. A fabulous springtime meal. This diabetic recipe is a free preview of our Quick-Smart™Diabetic recipe collection. The complete Diabetic recipe collection is available b
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 4 (6 ounce) lean veal chops (3/4 inch thick)
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Cooking spray
- 1/3 cup sliced green pepper
- 3/4 cup sliced sweet orange, red, and yellow pepper
- 1/3 cup canned fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 teaspoon dried whole thyme
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and quartered
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Trim fat from veal chops. Rub cracked pepper over chops.
Coat a large ovenproof nonstick skillet with cooking spray, and place over medium-high heat until hot. Add chops, and cook 3 to 4 minutes on each side or until browned. Remove chops from skillet; set aside. Wipe drippings from skillet with a paper towel.
Place green pepper and next 4 ingredients in skillet. Bring to a boil; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes. Stir in artichoke hearts. Return chops to skillet, spooning artichoke mixture over veal chops. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes or until veal is tender.
Sprinkle with chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
Calories 177 Fat 4.5g (sat 1.3g) Protein 25.3g Carbohydrate 8.9g Fiber 1.5g Cholesterol 91mg Sodium 285mg Exchanges: 2 Vegetable, 3 Very Lean Meat© 2002 by Oxmoor House, Inc. Reprinted with permission of Oxmoor House®, Inc. All rights reserved.