If you don't want to make crostini (little toasts), a low-fat cracker will work just fine. And while this dip is best with Asiago (ah-SY-AH-go)--a firm Italian cheese with a rich, nutty flavor--you can substitute other firm, full-flavored cheeses such a
INGREDIENTS (for 3 servings):
- 1 cup light mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1/3 cup grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomato sprinkles
- 1 (8 ounce) carton low-fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon grated Asiago or Parmesan cheese
- 32 (1/2-inch-thick) slices diagonally cut French bread baguette, toasted (about 2 baguettes)
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Combine first 6 ingredients in a bowl; spoon into a 1-quart casserole. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon cheese. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until bubbly. Serve with toasted bread.
Reprinted with permission of Cooking Light® magazine. All rights reserved.CALORIES 135 (29% from fat); FAT 4.4g (sat 1.3g, mono 1.4g, poly 1.4 g); PROTEIN 4g; CARB 19.7g; FIBER 1.2g; CHOL 7mg; IRON 1mg; SODIUM 303mg; CALC 52mg