An amazingly simple and fast soup for those times when there isn't a lot of time! Browned ground beef with sesame seeds in a consomme broth garnished with bean sprouts, green onions, red bell pepper, and mushrooms. Great with egg rolls on the side for a c
INGREDIENTS (for 4 servings):
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds
- 2 (10.5 ounce) cans beef consomme
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups fresh bean sprouts
- 1/4 cup diced red bell pepper (optional)
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms (optional)
- 4 green onions, diced
In a large skillet, brown ground beef over medium high heat, stirring frequently. Add sesame seeds, consomme, and water. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes.
Add bean sprouts and green onions (and red pepper and mushrooms, if using). Cook another 3 minutes. Serve hot.